At Mawums, we grow together with the communities in which we work by partnering with community through programs to improve the livelihoods of the locals. We believe in giving back to the society because part of our knowledge and expertise is from the community. We strive to integrate our long term health, safety and environmental impact into the way we successfully operate our business.
Mawums continues to create a working environment that minimizes the risk to the safety and health of all employees and stakeholders.
Our priorities in giving back to the society are in four main crucial areas for all the communities we work in.
Health & Safety
- Provision of safe drinking water from our water tankers and bore-holes
- Construction of miniature dams for water storage in rainy season
- Donations to flood victims
- 5 KVIP toilets for communities in the Northern, Upper East and West Regions of Ghana
- Donation of paints for beautification purposes in communities
- Donation of several cubic meters of gravel material to communities to tackle erosion
- Construction of kindergarten, primary, junior high school blocks, teachers quarters and toilet facilities at Shai Hills in the Greater Accra Region to relocate school from the mining zone.
- Foundations of a 3-room classroom block
- Seed capital for purchasing seedlings for tree planting for communities (which communities)